Decking Melbourne - Your #1 Choice
Make Your Home Shine
With many years experience in construction, specialising in decking in Melbourne. We have installed decking all across Melbourne.
Make an Enquiry
Toll Free Call
Learn Everything About Decking Melbourne Style
Melbourne is known for its sunny weather. If you live in this area, then you need to get ready for the soaring temperature and more warm days to come. What can make it better? A new deck can be a great addition to your home.
If you have been dreaming of an outdoor space, which is an extension of your home, look no further. Decking in Melbourne is a way to enjoy a sunset or to get together with friends and family. It is a way to showcase your style and enhance the look of your house.
What Is Decking?
Decks are quite common in Melbourne homes. They are made of timber or composite materials. You can find them in all types of sizes and styles. Decks provide an excellent outdoor area that is useful in several ways.
- Decks can be made with different kind of timbers
- All kinds of homes, modern or old, can have decks
- They can be higher than the ground level or at level with the surroundings
- Decks can be a great addition around garden features
You get a great combination of outdoors as well as privacy with a well-built deck. It is the versatility of decks that makes them so much in demand by house owners. They add an element of class and sophistication.
Types Of Timber Used For decks.
Melbourne Decking is the best to go for when you are looking for top quality materials as well as a team of highly skilled people for your home. Undoubtedly, a deck adds to the aesthetics of a house, but only if done correctly. It is essential to select suitable wood for the deck. Some of the factors which you should keep in mind are:
- Direction of sun
- Maintenance required
Based on these factors, you can decide the type of timber you want for the deck. Most commonly, the following types are the most used:
- Treated Pine: pine looks wonderful and works well with both modern as well as vintage homes. Comparatively, it is cheaper than other variety of timbers. You should stain or paint it to showcase all its features. Pine can retain its looks and strength even in harsh weather.
- Spotted Gum: spotted gum is a popular decking timber. It has great heat-resistant properties. In areas which are frequently affected by bushfires, using this wood for decks is ideal. You can get it in colors ranging from light brown to dark chocolate. It goes well with different types of house designs. Moreover, it bleeds and even shrinks lesser than other timbers in the periods with lower temperatures.
- Jarrah: this is hardwood, available in a range of browns. It is a bit more expensive, but the end result oozes class. The Jarrah deck is durable under different weather conditions and is excellent at resisting heat.
- Merbau: in many Australian homes, it is normal to see Merbau decks. It is durable, is rot-resistant, and can withstand attacks from many insects, such as termites. Harsh temperature, salty water & winds, and other extreme conditions cannot spoil its look.
- Ironbark: decks made with this timber can last for a long time. It has criss-crossing grain, and its colors range from dark brown to deep red. Ironbark decks are ideal in areas with more moisture, such as a swimming pool or a beach house.
DIY or Professional Builders?
Whatever your reason for adding a deck to your home, you need to make sure you do it right. First, you need to understand why you want the deck.
- Aesthetic reasons
- Additional space
- Barbecue evenings
- Add to the value of the house
- Sitting area around the pool or garden
The clearer you are about the purpose, the better it is. When it comes to the actual construction, you can either do it yourself or take professionals’ help. It may look simple but putting up a deck involves a lot of work. Unless you are skilled or have the help of someone skilled, it is better to help the best decking builders Melbourne offers. Assess and judge your capabilities to decide how you want to go about it. Melbourne Decking offers some excellent choices and makes it easy for you.
Maintaining Your Deck
Just constructing a beautiful deck is not enough; you must maintain it well too. To get a long life out of your deck, you need to look after it. You should use a good quality oil-based coating product to keep it looking fresh and new even after years. If you want to ensure top-quality maintenance for your decking construction, Melbourne has many options. Contact the top decking specialists Melbourne Decking to help you with construction and maintenance.
Get in touch with our decking contractors if you want an amazing deck or pergola built for your home. We offer an unrivaled level of customer service and always deliver standout results. Our deck builders work throughout Melbourne and the eastern suburbs to help homeowners bring their dream design ideas to life.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no fixed cost because it will mainly depend on the size and type of wood. For treated pine, it may cost close to 200 dollars per square meter. Hardwood is more expensive and may cost up to $ 350. Composite decks are even more expensive and may cost upwards of 450 dollars.
A deck is a good investment that can increase the value of your home. It is estimated that you can recover more than 106 % of a deck’s value. This is why many house owners add a deck before putting up their house for sale.
Building a deck is quite straightforward. It requires a basic frame, beams, and decking material. However, depending on the project's scale, building a deck may range from simple to highly complex. Deckbuilding requires basic knowledge of woodworking and engineering.
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.